The CYP2C19 gene has variations which can cause different concentrations of drugs and / or drug metabolites to build up inside the body. This can cause numerous issues including toxicity, adverse reactions, or reduced drug efficacy. The PGX-CYP2C19 StripAssay® is simple and cost effective kit for the identification of the genetic variations in the CYP2C19 gene to determine reduced or increased activity of cytochrome P450 isoenzyme CYP2C19.
- Kits are based on reverse-hybridization of biotinylated PCR products.
- Minimal equipment required (thermal cycler, shaking water bath).
- Technology combines probes for mutations and controls in a parallel array of allele-specific oligonucleotides.
- Functions using immobilized oligos on a teststrip.
- Strips show mutations by enzymatic color reaction visible to the naked eye.
- Proprietary software package (Evaluator™) that aids in data interpretation, storage, and archiving.
Allelic Variants Detected
PGX-CYP2C19 StripAssay® Catalog 4-750